With 2019 right around the corner, we asked our team to take a look at the past year. Here are 10 of the most notable moments from 2018.
1. Our client, Johnson County Parks & Recreation Department, was featured in this video from the Kansas City Star. In it, they give a detailed overview of what will be included in Meadowbrook Park, which is slated to open in 2019.
2. We added a new team member – Brian Sturm.
3. Gillham Sprayground opened this year in early August. The new, interactive park sprays water at various intervals, encouraging children and adults to ENGAGE with each other and experiment with water.
4. Plans for Community Park in Jefferson City, Missouri went out to bid with a completion date set for summer/fall of 2019.
5. Joel Weikert joined the Landworks Studio team as an intern for spring and summer.
6. We have ELEVATED places for the City of Olathe including the design for a key downtown intersection that will become a palette for artists and a neighborhood improvement project changing the lives of residents.
Glacier National Park
7. Landworks Studio received the CREW KC Excellence Award for the purchase and renovation of our office space in Downtown Olathe.
8. Brian was featured in the Lawrence Journal World, discussing plans for a new development.
9. We unveiled a new mission, vision and tagline. Learn more about each one here.
10. Every year, we draw INSPIRATION in a number of ways, but one of the most impactful is travel. This year, our staff individually explored Toronto, Niagara Falls, Nashville, Maine, Colorado, New Orleans and Disney World.
See you next year!